Boudoir photography is hard to explain. For me, its like glamour photography for everyday women. Your 15 minutes of fame as a model. A boost of self confidence, that no matter your profession, age, size, or fierceness, you are fabulous, and picture worthy-with the right outfit, posing, and lighting.
Here is a great definition of boudoir photography, taken from here:
A boudoir client generally meets these criteria:
- Has never posed for a camera beyond family, school or vacation photos.
- Has never posed in front of a camera in anything but being fully clothed.
- Has never posed in front of a camera in intimate apparel.
- Is generally a bit nervous to utterly frightened of posing in intimate apparel on camera, let alone “looking sexy”.
- Spends some or no time on their physique because they don’t pose in front of cameras for a living.
- Are mostly in their late 20’s or older.
So you see this isn’t something that you book with a photographer, just for your birthday. Its often a life changing event, that many women bring tears with them to the reveal session. It takes time, and effort on all parties to make it “work”. Hair, skin, and makeup preparation is essential to the overall look. Check out this article from 1985: Real Playmates
Most of our boudoir sessions are held in the clients home, or at our studio. We make sure you are relaxed before we start, and offer suggestions during the pre-consultation to assist with wardrobe choices. We also have clothing items and props to help create the look you want. Women book sessions equally for themselves, and for significant others. Our boudoir albums make great gifts for weddings (grooms), Valentine’s Day, and private birthday gifts. The session also makes a great gift for oneself! Birthdays, milestone celebrations, or for any reason at all, they make women feel good about themselves.