Get access to premium discounts on Senior High School Photography packages if you book your consultation before July 1st! Also check out the blog Toledo, OH Senior Portrait Photography, Class of 2016: Don’t Delay your Senior Memories orSenior Portraits to see some of our senior models and inquire about the specials offer to them! Then check out http://www.instagram.com/abyrdseyephotoseniors to see some of our senior portraits! Our motto is, #deathtoboringseniorpics and we customize your senior portrait experience to showcasing you! What you want to show, we can make it happen. Schedule a consult here: Get a Quote/Email Us/Prices
This summer I offered a Wednesday special, to give families a chance to get some portrait sessions in during the week. I loved the locations we chose, along with shooting at the golden hour, I dont get to do that so much in Ohio. Native Toledoans that see my work tell me they love seeing the different parts of Toledo , and this session with the Quinn Family reminds me of the hashtags #itmatterswhereyoumakeit and our #youwilldobetterintoledo.
The National Museum of the Great Lakes is one of my favorite hidden gems in our city, and I believe the Quinn Family session captured some of outside of the museums coolest parts. Take a look:
Here is a link to the whole gallery. If you are in need of family portraits, please consider Abyrdseyephoto. Not in Toledo? We travel outside of the city as well, as a part of our full-service photography experience.
- Look around you. What else will be in the picture with you? Please refrain from bathroom stalls, dirty bedrooms, and objects that may look like they are sticking out of your head (ie. trees, lamp posts, buildings, etc.)
- Adjust the aperture setting on your smartphone camera. 1:1 works great. 16:9 probably stretches your head and nose way out of proportion.
- Android users beware: that beauty feature makes you look like a cartoon. Fake photoshop does not flatter your face. turn down the beauty percentage to 10% or lower. Read this article for more info.
- Most people hold the phone out in front of them or to the side. If you have a double chin like me, hold the phone above your head. It makes everyone look better. Trust me.
- If you take a burst of pictures you will find one you like faster than one at a time. The first couple your are posing too hard, so by the 3rd one you should be more natural and relaxed looking. Just delete the extras when you are finished.
- No matter how good your phone is, the camera on the back of the phone is way better than the front. If you want a less grainy picture, turn the phone around, or have someone else take the picture.
- Selfie sticks only let you take the picture farther away. Its meant for “usies” and to eliminate some of the distortion I talked about in #2. It doesnt necessarily take better photos.
- Lastly, do not use a selfie for your LinkedIn profile picture. Hire a professional. Whenever you get the chance, update your profile picture. It makes a difference when people “meet” you via the internet before they meet you in person. Think of how many jobs you may not have gotten a call for due to your profile pic! If; you need a professional shoot, I know a girl that can get you together, ;).
For posing tips, go here. Here is an example of a good selfie: https://instagram.com/p/7VThLHFfeu/?taken-by=princess.byrd
Test my theory and let me know what you think.
Today I deliver portraits to three of the seniors that I serviced this year, and I am SO excited!
Toledo School for the Arts
~DreAM BiggER in 2014~
I must say that the wallets came out better than I imagined, and I believe the clients will agree. I am very honored to capture the beautiful smiles of my graduating seniors, and I wish them much success as they head off to college this fall. Thanks guys!
If you are going to be a senior next year, I offer you the opportunity to book a session with me for a summer shoot! The summer will be here faster than we know it, and if you are interested and qualify you may be eligible to be a senior rep at your school for aByrdseyephoto Productions. This means you will get free prints, and earn money towards a FREE senior photo session!
Check out my senior portrait and graduation page for more pictures. Thanks!
As 2013 comes to an end, I am reflecting back on how much has transpired in my life, and with my photography business. It has been a whirlwind! I am thankful for the experience :). Here are a few of the photos I took in November..